Current Job Openings
High School Counselor for the Utah County Academy of Sciences
Position Title: High School Counselor
Reports To: Principal and Lead Counselor
Job Goal: To assist in providing a comprehensive career and educational guidance program for students in grades 10-12. Provide activities and counseling services to meet the needs of the students. Registers students, assists with college registration, and tracks student’s progress toward graduation.
Qualifications: School Counselor internship ready OR School Counseling degree required.
Education and /or Experience: School Counselor course work to qualify for internship required.
Employment Period: Full or part time for the remainder of the 2017-2018 school year, eight hours per day.
Salary: Varies. (Counselor: teacher salary+26 days differential. Full time intern: half counselor salary. Part time intern, not paid).
Duties and Responsibilities: Other counseling or school duties will be assigned.
- Program Planning
Assists with the school counseling program and develops activities and resources to implement and evaluate the program. Follows the directions of the lead counselor.
Implements activity and educational programs to support the school goals and policies. Monitors student choices and adapts the program to meet current needs.
- Counseling and Consulting.
Provides individual and group counseling services to meet the developmental, preventive and remedial need of students.
Consults with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals to meet the needs of students.
- Student Testing and Appraisal.
Interprets the test results and other student data. Completes reports based on the test results. Administers assessment exams, and tests to students as needed.
- Registration Assistance and Professional Practices.
Works with students to select and register for UCAS classes.
Works with UVU to register and direct high school students to college classes and monitor their progress.
Adheres to ethical standards of the counseling profession and abides by the laws, policies, and procedures that govern schools.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Monitors student activities and behaviors during class breaks, assemblies, lunchtimes, and at other activities.
Meets with students and parents regarding attendance or behavior issues. Assists the students in following the school rules and policies.
Monitors the school climate and uses programs to maintain a positive, productive atmosphere.
Observes all aspects of the school experience and makes recommendations and adjustments necessary to establish a safe school.
Runs HOPE squad and other groups as needed.
The Utah County Early College Charter High School is an Equal Opportunity institution and is nondiscriminatory relative to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
For questions or to apply for this internship position, please contact: Principal Anna Trevino, Ph.D. at
Applicants interested in this position may send an electronic resume and letter of interest through Tuesday, December 5th at 4:00 p.m. Applicants will be contacted after that time for in person interviews.
Teacher Salary Schedule 2017-2018
Employment Opportunity Policies
If you are interested, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (801) 863-2222
Hiring Practices for full and part-time employees
It is the policy of the Utah County Academy of Sciences, not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, national origin, religious creed, or disability in its educational programs, activities, admissions, access, treatment, or employment practices.
When job openings have been approved, the Principal or his designer will advertise for applicants through Job Service and through local newspapers. All job applicants for classified positions may be screened by Job Service. Applicants having met all predetermined requirements will then be recommended for further interviews. Each new hire will be informed that their employment is conditional until approved by the Board of Trustees. It shall be the policy of the Utah County Academy of Sciences to comply with Utah State Code (U.C.A. 52-3-1) as it relates to employment of relatives. It will be permissible to hire any relative of any employee as long as that employee will not be supervised by a relative. Exceptions to the above code will be allowed if they are exceptions noted in the above referenced code.
Tenure is not granted to UCAS employees.
All UCAS employees are “at-will”. The existence of a salary agreement does not create any expectation of continued employment.
EMPLOYEE HIRING PRACTICES
The Board of Trustees has the legal responsibility of approving the employment of all employees. The Board assigns to the Principal the process of recruiting and hiring staff members. In carrying out this responsibility, the Principal will involve other staff members as needed. All personnel selected for employment must be recommended by the Principal and approved by the Board.
- There will be no discrimination in the hiring process due to sex, creed, race, color, national origin, age, or disability.
- Candidates for teaching positions must provide evidence of meeting the state requirements for regular certification status and must be able to meet the definition of “highly qualified”. Utah Valley University instructors teaching at UCAS or teaching UVU classes to UCAS students on campus will be determined qualified by Utah Valley University and not UCAS.
- Should the Board not approve the employment of a candidate being recommended by the Principal, it shall be the duty of the Principal to make other recommendations.
- Teachers who have previous teaching experience will be given credit for all previous years to a maximum of seven (7) years providing there is a written letter of positive recommendation from their most recent educational employer. Teachers who have retired from the Utah State Retirement System will be given a maximum of seven (7) years experience on the salary schedule unless, at the discretion of the UCAS Board of Trustees, an exception is granted for special circumstances, including, but not limited to, critical needs, expertise, and licensure.
The Board of Trustees retains the right to make any waiver of this procedure which it finds necessary or desirable for the effective operation of the School.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing career opportunities for all people, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability.